Saturday, December 11, 2010

Speech of Cameron Newton in 2010 Heisman Trophy Award Night

It is great to hear the name of Cameron Newton, the quarterback of Auburn Tigers who recently received the most prestigious award in the history of college football. The NFL is now probably keeping an eye on him because of Heisman Trophy awarded to one of the stunning football player from college. People are now talking about this since then and we've been to a couple of polls in ESPN and other sports enthusiasts sites and guess what, the favor really goes to Cam Newton.


The most exciting part of this award is when he gave his speech in front of the crowd who are looking great during the Saturday, December 10, 2010 event that mark the history of football once again. The following details below depicted from the few words of Cameron Newton's speech from SB Nation Atlanta.
My parents do a lot of things behind the scenes that go unnoticed, and this is not an award that in my opinion has been won by my play this year. This is an award that was won when I came out your womb. Thank you for everything you did for me.

I’d also like to thank my coaches and my players. Coach Chizik. I’d also like to thank the troops overseas that’s fighting for our freedom every single day.

Honestly from the bottom of my heart, thank you for giving me the chance. Thank you for everything that you’ve done. Coach Chizik, coach Malzahn, coach Troop. Thank you to the Auburn family for all the support you’ve given me in these trying times. Thank you to the Heisman Trust and all these Heisman winners.

And also I want to give a special thanks to my teammates. Without those guys I wouldn’t be here getting this recognition.

Who would’ve ever thought a person from College Park, Georgia would get an award with such prestige and tradition? I thank god every day for waking em up this morning and letting me play football. I apologize if I havent said your name. And War Eagle.
Try to check some more soon as we continue to follow the latest updates next to the award accepted by Cameron Newton recently after of this break.

No comments:

Post a Comment